Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"No Doubt, That Bakery’s Got All the Bomb Frosting."

I am a day behind posting but I will try to catch up this evening. Today (Monday) was pretty quiet. H's friend left around 3:00. They had a great time together. My brother-in-law comes on Thursday and for breakfast he mentioned Entenmann's corn muffins. We used to split, butter and grill them. They were so good (but not good for you). I was on a mission trying to find them yesterday. I thought I knew where to get them from an internet search...the Food Emporium on 8th and Broadway, but I was foiled!...every Entenmann's product but corn muffins.

Along the way though, I passed Colony Music, a music store I had on my list of things I wanted to see. I had forgotten where it was and was surprised to walk right past it.

Colony is the greatest music store! I haven't seen anything like this since I was a kid, and then it was on a much smaller scale. Colony has sheet music of every kind, even old sheet music that sells for over $20. They have classical, jazz, Broadway, pop...you name it. You can get music for almost any instrument too. They also have old albums. I could have looked for hours!

I couldn't believe what I saw in the glass case. I mentioned the Archie comic book purses that H used to make in Sunday's blog. Well, someone here is making the same purse. The only difference is the handle. H used aquarium tubing and this person used that tiny metal ball chain. These purses were of current movies and pop stars and sold for $59.98. H's sold for $25 - 30.



Colony's window display

The original Magnolia Bakery is on Bleeker Street. Once, T and I went there, stayed in line outside for about 10 minutes and then got our cupcakes and ate them in a park across the street. I remember the frosting wanting to melt quickly. On my way back from the Food Emporium and Colony, I stopped at this 6th Avenue location and bought cupcakes for our dessert. By the time I got home with them, the frosting was beginning to slide a little. It's still very hot outside. They were delicious though.




Red velvet, chocolate with vanilla frosting, chocolate with caramel frosting and chocolate


2 comments:

  1. Colony envy!!!!!!!!! Love the nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually bought you something there! It's a surprise.

    ReplyDelete