Friday, July 23, 2010

Green Acres

I walked in the park today and took a few pictures. The development of Central Park was a stroke of brilliance back in the mid 1800's.

Belvedere Castle


I did something I've always wanted to do. I ran around the reservoir. It was fun! I stopped a few times and took some pictures. Above is looking west.


This shot is looking south toward midtown.


6th Avenue

This is the cutest little shop called Tender Buttons on 61st and Lex. It is a tiny shop full of buttons. If you need a button, here's your source. Some buttons are cheap and some are over $100.





This is Woolworks, a needlepoint shop on Lex and 81st. The owner and her partner paint all the canvases.


H is trying to do a painting every day or two. This is one she finished at the first of the week. She will have this model and this pose for another week (I think). On Friday the model was 45 minutes late so this Monday there could be a new one!

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, LOVE the button store! And all the yummy food! WOW! And you have a Whole Foods at your disposal. WOW! (Looks like the artist, H., is doing great, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie! Too much food! But the button store is the greatest.

    ReplyDelete