Saturday, July 10, 2010

Cell Phones, SoHo and Vampires

We got a late start to our day today. In the name of journalistic integrity, I will admit that I slept until 10:30 and H slept until noon. I don't think I've done that since maybe high school. I didn't even know I still could!
H has had some trouble with her phone so Verizon had to ship another to her. This morning we had to spend a little time at the Verizon store getting the new one set up. As a result of the problem, she has lost ALL of her contacts, except for one. So call her so she can have your number!
We took the train down to SoHo around 2:00 and just strolled around, stopping in interesting places. There was quite a bit of art for sale on the streets so we checked it out too. If we had been hungry, we would have gotten in this line. A young woman was selling cupcakes out of this tiny window. Her business, Baked by Milissa, seemed to be pretty sweet!

Since we got such a late start, we had one meal. We had a late lunch/early dinner at Pastis in the Meatpacking District.

Then we got a cab and headed back uptown to the Lowe's theater at Lincoln Center for the 7:30 showing of Twilight. H had to get me up to speed since I had not seen the second movie in the series. Several scenes were meant to be very serious, but we weren't the only ones who found them funny. There's just something about a pale vampire talking with a pronounced Southern accent, relating how he became a vampire back during the Civil War.

We left the theater and made a stop at the Whole Foods for 1/2 and 1/2 for our coffee and then walked on back to the apartment. This is a shot of the fountain in Columbus Circle. Now we're in for the night. H is painting and I'm heading to bed. It was a good day.


2 comments:

  1. So funny that you mention the southern vampire. I finally saw New Moon last night. Even though I've read the books, it still struck me as odd to see a blonde vampire in Washington state speak with a pseudo-southern accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were scenes so preposterous that people in the theater were laughing out loud!

    ReplyDelete