Friday, July 16, 2010

"It Had to Be You"

All last night I kept waking up from lots of noise on the street in front of our apartment. There was whistling and horns honking and people yelling. I kept going back to sleep. This morning when I headed out, I saw they were filming a movie. I can't remember the name of the movie and I didn't recognize the "star" in it. The scene I saw was apparently a wreck with a motorcycle, a cab and a bicycle delivery guy. By the late afternoon, it looked all cleaned up so I guess they've finished and it will be quieter tonight.




The nearest post office is at Rockefeller Center. As we were going into the front of the building on 5th Avenue, H noticed how St. Patrick's Cathedral is reflected in the glass above the door. It was so pretty.




H has a friend visiting this weekend so I am on my own. Tonight I sent to see Harry Connick, Jr. on Broadway. The first portion of the show was Frank Sinatra-like. The second part was all jazz, especially New Orleans jazz. He played the trumpet, tap danced, played rhythms out on the floor with his feet and hands, and, of course, played the piano. At the end of the performance, his shirt was soaked with sweat. The curtain came down and everyone jumped to their feet and started yelling. It was really a great show.



1 comment:

  1. thanks for the text. Just read the review in the NYTimes. He is really something. I saw him in Shreveport a few years back. What a pianist! His dad got up and sang with him (and forgot the some words)and they laughed about it and had so much fun together. How fun to hear all of that LA music in NY!

    ReplyDelete