Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Puddle Reflections

 It was rainy today so I took my time getting out.  I took the train down to the Flatiron District.  It didn't rain hard but enough to pool water along the streets.  






I looked in some shops and then had lunch at a place I had seen last year when it was under construction: Beecher's Cheese Shop.  I went in just to look and then noticed they made grilled sandwiches using their cheeses.  I had a grilled turkey and cheese.








I walked up to Madison Square Park to take a few pictures.  Here's the Empire State Building.



 And this is probably my favorite building, the Flatiron.



I headed back up town and after looking in a little shop, I came out on Madison Avenue and there were people everywhere.  Cars and buses were at a stand still.  Then I noticed motorcycles and black cars on Park Avenue and realized it was the President passing by in his motorcade.  They would not let anyone cross the street until all of that had cleared.  Finally when we could cross, the police officers were apologizing for the wait.  
I had dinner and then went home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment