Sunday, June 3, 2012

I am still working on my Dear Photograph project.  Here's the latest.  These were taken in the mid 80's. I think I might have better luck with these two photos.  I will try again to see if I can get the picture in better focus.  That's me in front of the fountain at The Plaza.  Maybe I should leave it out of focus; it looks like I might possibly have on white tennis shoes!


 This one has promise too.  That's Bill in front of The Plaza.


This morning I got up and headed out to the park and to the Central Park Zoo.  There was a HUGE Celebrate Israel parade that headed up 5th Avenue.  Streets were blocked off and people were everywhere.  The park was not as crowded.  Along the way I took a few pictures.






If you look closely at the above picture, you can see an airplane just to the right of the Plaza's green roof.

I had never been to the zoo before.  It's not very big and was easy to go through all the exhibits in just a little time.




My first stop was the sea lions and then the penguins.








The most entertaining animal at the zoo was this huge white polar bear.  He did the same thing over and over.  He would swim about 20 yards under water, come up, fall gently backwards and return on his back and then he would do it all over again.  He had to have been bored.


 This is a snow leopard.  There is a glass wall separating us from the leopard even though the little boy's shoe looks like he's awfully close.


Where do I begin with the jokes? 



After my trip to the zoo, I went over to the TKTS booth and bought a half price ticket to Other Desert Cities with Stockard Channing, Stacy Keach, and Judith Light.  Then I needed a quick lunch so I went to the Renaissance Hotel and had a salad looking out onto Time's Square.  It was pretty quiet in there and a nice lunch.  Then I headed over to the Booth Theater for the play.



I secretly snapped a picture of the set for the play which I thoroughly enjoyed.  It was like eaves dropping on a wealthy family slowly coming apart at the seams.  The story had lots of drama and a few surprises.



After the play, I quickly walked to the subway and made my way over to the UES to Redeemer's 6:00 service.  "Father" Tim wasn't there but the young guy who is the pastor of the East Side congregation spoke and he was very good.


On the way home I was able to see a little (not perfect though) Manhattanhenge.  The day it was best was May 29th.  

No comments:

Post a Comment