Monday, June 6, 2011

Sunday with Bill, Ed, Nell and Tim


Sunday morning we met some of Bill's friends, Ed and Nell Wall, a couple from Jackson whose grandson lives in Australia and is in New York for several weeks. He is with his band The Bleeding Knees Club who toured in Great Britain and are now in New York for a recording. Ed and Nell flew up from Jackson to spend some time with him since they don't get to see him very often. The four of us went to one my favorite breakfast places, 'Ino, in the West Village.

We took a cab back to midtown and said goodbye to Ed and Nell. Bill and I went to a play and then I went to Redeemer to hear Tim Keller. As always, Hunter College auditorium was packed with mostly 20-30 year olds. I was definitely in the minority.

After the service I met Bill at a new restaurant that is near the apartment called Il Gattopardo. Bill had read about it in Elle Decor. Glenn Lowry, the director of MoMA, recommended it as a restaurant with the "best pasta in New York." It was very good and I would like to go back some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment