Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Art of Observation


This morning Bill went to see the Alexander McQueen exhibit at the Met and I did an errand regarding Tony's birthday coming up. (My lips are sealed!) I walked by The Art Students League so I went to the gallery to see the exhibit of students' work. One painting was by a student of Leonid Gervitz who Hannah studied with last summer. The most interesting thing about the show though was a couple of paintings of a nude model, the same model Hannah painted last summer. It was funny to recognize her. And to set the record straight, I recognized her face!

The Art Students League on West 57th Street

I met Bill and we had lunch at Le Pain Quotidien on Madison Avenue near the museum. We walked down Madison stopping along the way as we wanted. Bill then headed off to a movie and I walked some more in midtown. I took a few pictures near Rockefeller Center.

30 Rockefeller Center




6th Avenue

The ad for this barber shop made me laugh.

I then walked over to 6th Avenue and headed to the International Center of Photography. There were three exhibits, one of which was Elliot Erwitt's Personal Best. It was really good with photos I have seen and laughed at before.

"To me photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place....I've found it has little do do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them." Elliot Erwitt





We then had dinner at I Sodi. And now I will have to head home and hit the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment