Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"Savage Beauty"

Today we went first to the Met to see the Alexander McQueen exhibit. Listening to the comments as we walked through was about as interesting as the exhibit itself. One guy, "explaining" the exhibit to a friend, rattled off a whole list of adjectives and then said,
"It's everything fashion ought to be." The exhibit had the clothes on display along with his accessories and also quite a bit of video footage from runway shows.

I found a picture online of my favorite dress. It's made of gold duck feathers. It was beautiful. I told Tony I love dresses like this because when I was four, I got my first Barbie and she was wearing that black fitted dress with the tulle skirt at the bottom.



We then walked through a few of the other galleries and stopped by Joan of Arc, Tony's very favorite.


We lucked out at E.A.T. and got a window table, perfect for people watching! Tony wasn't real crazy about my taking his picture. Can you tell?

After lunch we hightailed it down to Times Square to the TKTS booth for tickets to Arcadia. Hannah met us at the theater. We all enjoyed the play although it required great concentration. You couldn't doze off for even a second or two.

After the play Hannah and I tried to find her a dress for tomorrow night. No luck. We will try again today. We then had dinner at I Sodi. Hannah told us about the critique she had had. It was positive so she was feeling good. She has been painting like a house on fire. Every spare minute she has she spends in the studio. There will not be a student who has worked harder or gotten more than Hannah out of this program.




No comments:

Post a Comment