Monday, June 6, 2011

A Rose Is a Rose Is a Rose


I showed Bill my Central Park route and we walked to the Reservoir and back. We then went down to Ann Gish's shop for Bill to get something he needed to finish out a guest bedroom at his house in Jackson. He knows Ann Gish from buying her things back years ago when he had Fridge's in Jackson. I thought it was exciting to meet her.

Then we walked over to Eataly for lunch. We had paninis and gelato for dessert. While we were standing at a table eating the sandwiches, we watched the carving station prepare all these great looking pork roast and beef roast sandwiches. Bill asked one of the guys working there if we could buy just a slice of the pork. He did not say anything but cut two slices, put them on parchment paper, drizzled a little olive oil over them, ground some black pepper and sprinkled them with sea salt. He then handed the slices to Bill and said no charge. It was delicious, but then I love salt. French fries and salt and sliced pork loin and gelato and....








I have never been to the Chelsea Market so we walked down there so I could just walk through it. There is an authentic Italian grocery there with all kinds of salted capers and cheese and pasta flour from Italy.






Bill went to a movie and I went to MoMA to see the German Expressionism exhibit. Afterwards, I walked out to the sculpture garden and just sat in a chair and people watched. While I was watching them, I guess they were watching me. I took a few pictures of the buildings above me.


When I got back to the apartment, the buzzer sounded and there was a delivery man at the front of the building with flowers for me. It's the actual day of our 30th anniversary although Tony and I have been celebrating for a few weeks. He said we'd celebrate for a month, much like I like to celebrate my birthday! The best thing about my pink roses is that they smell like old roses used to smell. They make the entire living area smell like a flower garden.


This evening Hannah met us for dinner. We went to Osteria Morini in SoHo. We had great pasta but had to scream at each other to be heard. Then we took a cab over to Rocco's for dessert and cappuccino.





No comments:

Post a Comment