Sunday, May 27, 2012

"8 Million Stories Out There and They're Naked"

We headed to Gotham via Dallas in celebration of our anniversary.   At LaGuardia we got our bags, a cab and headed to the apartment.  Everything was remarkably and comfortably familiar, even with some of the redecorating the owners had done over the past couple of months.  After settling in, we walked over to Todd English's Food Court at the Plaza for a late lunch.  On the way we saw Bill Cunningham, bike and camera in tow.  This morning Tony had asked me about what he was wearing when we left the hotel in Dallas and then he jokingly said, "Yeah, Bill Cunningham would take my picture!"  How appropriate that we would see him...and he wouldn't take our picture; we would take HIS!



The Food Court at the Plaza grows every time we visit.  Tony had a cheese tray and I had the burrata.  So good.  Then we tried to walk it off.  We bought a few groceries at Whole Foods at Columbus Circle and headed back to the apartment.




Walking along 57th Street...




I was surprise when we walked by the Art Students League.  I don't ever remember it not having a canopy or scaffolding.  It's in a beautiful old building.  This is where Hannah studied during the summer of 2010.
  


A friend sent me a link to the website Dear Photograph.  I brought with me several pictures from when we lived near Mt Sinai in the mid-80's.  I have some work to do on getting the photos to match up.  This was my first attempt.  Stay tuned.



Walking along 6th Avenue we saw all kinds of people but none of them stood out like this couple.  I am not sure if, at their age, they are newly married or forever married.  They were into it though!  Totally dressed in matching shoes, socks, capris, shirts and vests.  You have to hand it to them!  Tony says this had to have been HER idea.




We had dinner at one of Daniel Boulud's restaurants, Boulud Sud.  It was lovely and the food was exceptional.  It is located right down the street from Lincoln Center.



One of my favorite things about New York City is being able to walk home after a big dinner.  We have been known to walk two miles!  If the weather is nice, it feels good to walk.  We didn't have two miles to go this evening, only a few blocks.  I took a few pictures in Columbus Circle.









No comments:

Post a Comment