Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!



Happy New Year Everyone!

Today we went to the Met and saw the Matisse and George Bellows exhibits.  Tony was not feeling very well so after lunch he headed back to the hotel.  I went to Bloomingdales and then got a message to pick up some medicine for him.  Hopefully, that will help him to feel better.

All over the city the street vendors had new year hats and noise makers.


And I love the holiday lights that are just about on every building!


I couldn't get my camera out of my pocket fast enough to get a good picture of this little dog with her sweater with the fur collar.  And I don't mean a dog collar...I mean her sweater had a fur collar!!




This is the front of Barney's.  They always have great window decorations.  These were set to music.  The lights would run up the building as the music swelled.


Another picture of one of the Barney's windows.  They changed as the music changed.


We had dinner at Sfoglia and then headed back toward the hotel for the fireworks in Central Park.







The tallest building below is the one going up on W 57th Street that had the dangling crane in Hurricane Sandy.  When finished, it will be the tallest residential building in the city. 






Happy New Year!  Hope 2013 is a happy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment