Monday, May 30, 2011

Close Encounters

This morning Tony and I walked in the park, going through the Mall, by the Bethesda Fountain, past the Boat House, beside the Conservatory Water, past the baseball fields to the reservoir. We had a good two hour walk and were pretty beat when we finished. Just as we got to the top of the stairs going down to the fountain, I see Yoko coming toward me at quite a clip. There is a guy walking with her. She had him moving. She looked to be in great shape. She had on sunglasses but they weren't the iconic pair she usually wears. It was exciting to see her. I whipped out my phone as she passed and got a picture from behind. It's not so exciting but "imagine" you're seeing her from the front. (It's funny that the woman in white pants in the picture has no idea who she just passed!)

Remember last summer's encounter with her art at MoMA? Who could forget the scream?


We got showers and then headed to SAKs to look for a couple of shirts for Tony. We had a late lunch at the cafe there. I snapped this picture of St. Patrick's as we left.




We then walked up to MoMA to see the Picasso Guitars exhibit. It was pretty amazing.





We spent some time in the sculpture garden. As we were leaving, I saw the shadow this Giacometti sculpture made against the white wall. I thought it made a cool picture.



For several minutes this little girl stood imitating this statue. I pretended I was taking a picture of something else and then cropped it. She was so cute and seemed not to care what anyone thought.

This unusual piece was also in the sculpture garden; however, it was not the most puzzling thing I saw all day.



This girl walking in these shoes was the most puzzling thing I saw!! I wish you could see them from the side. I bet they were six inches high.

This evening we went to see Edie Falco and Ben Stiller in House of Blue Leaves. The play took extreme humor and extreme despair and made them meet in an uncomfortable place in the middle. It was one of those plays you talk about long after the curtain goes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment