Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Frasier

We had a good day today but not many pictures. T and I walked/ran in the park this morning while H was in class. On the way to class H ran into a BU Kappa!! And it gets even weirder; she and two other BU Kappas live ON OUR BLOCK! H and these girls live within a few yards of each other! H didn't know they were working here this summer. The girls are a year older than H. They plan to have dinner together one night this week. They've been here the whole time H has been here.

We had lunch in the apartment and then went to the Museum of Natural History to see the IMAX movie Hubble. H has been wanting to see this since we got here. We decided to wait for T so he could see it too. It did not disappoint.

Then we took the train down to the Village. We walked up the subway stairs and were looking right at Joe: The Art of Coffee. We told T about the coffee shop and we went in to get something to drink. Gabby, the owner, was there. I recognized her from the picture of her wedding in the NY Times. I told her who we were and she was very nice and seemed happy to meet us. She gave us free coffee drinks! That was nice! (This is the daughter of the owners' of the apartment we are renting.)

We then headed toward the Strand Bookstore. H wanted T to see it. We walked past Washington Square Park where people were playing chess.




We also passed Grace Episcopal Church. It is old and lovely.


We also happened to walk by Babbo. We ate here with Bill but had not been able to get reservations for dinner so T could enjoy it. Each day we had been trying to see if there had been any cancellations. Since we were passing by, I ducked in and asked if they had a table for this evening. They did so we will eat there tonight.

Well, we are home from Babbo. We were waiting for our table to be ready and my back was to the door. H says, "Turn around." I do, and so close he was breathing on me, was Kelsey Grammer. I did a double take and he smiled at me. I think he recognized me!


No comments:

Post a Comment